Wednesday, November 4, 2009

If I were a good...

If I were a good Blue Mage...
- I'd probably have some +str gear for physical spells
- I'd probably have a +HP set for Breath spells
- I might even have a +def set for Cannonball!
- Crazily enough, I might even have a +chr build for Eyes on Me
- ... and a +dex build for specific spells
- ... and a magical nuking build that includes +int
- and macro in accuracy gear for Head Butt

If I were a good Scholar...
- I'd have a lot more -enmity gear
- I'd have some +cure potency stuff
- I'd get a Refresh body and macro it in for when Sublimation is down or fully charged
- I'd have some +int gear for nuking
- ... and more HQ staves

If I were a good Paladin...
- I'd have a lot more -damage stuff
- My shield skill would be capped, and I'd have more +shield gear
- I'd have some sort of +movement speed gear
- ... and would macro in +cure gear for curing
- ... and a ton more +HP gear

If I were a good Dragoon...
- I'd definitely have more +str gear
- I'd have macros to put in +HP gear for healing breath
- I'd macro in my AF helm for offensive nukes somehow
- ... and wouldn't be using level 25 armor at 65!

annnnnnnnd... if I were a good any of the above, I'd have more merits in each job instead of just the basics!

If I were a good Dancer...
- I'd have a Roundel Earring... if only...
Well, truthfully, I think I'm okay at Dancing, so that's what you get!

3 comments:

Vanh said...

Title should be "If I were a rich..." or "If I wasn't a lazy..."

Skill-wise, I think you play those jobs good enough (although I can't comment on your DRG I've never seen). I think you play those jobs better than a lot of other ppl I've seen. You're an A-Rank player in my book!

Zurar said...

Lol! Equipment has nothing to do with skill Ascy. As Vanh said... you play your jobs better than almost anyone else out there. Making gil seems to be more how much RL money you're willing to give the RMTs rather than how hard you work at playing the game the way it was intended... though there are a few exceptions such as sky shell payouts etc. But, like you, I don't have the time or desire to join one of these shells. I'd much rather enjoy the game with my friends with my "mediocre" equipment that I obtained either on my own or with those friends, than to spend my time doing events that feel more like a job than a game (or at least to get what you want they seem like a job... and yes, I do enjoy ZNMs, Limbus, and Dyna that much!). Though, I'm sure there are those that enjoy those "work" shells as well... but I'll leave that to them.

My old roommate proved long ago that gear doesn't make the person using it a good player... damn fool couldn't tank to save his life (literally). Gear only makes a good player better... and a bad player more annoying.

Ascule said...

ooooooo... Vanh has the title right! It should really be "If i wasn't a lazy..."

xD

hee... I kinda know what I could do with the other jobs if I pushed their limits and picked up some more stuff... I really should go pick more low-hanging fruit items like the Jelly Ring sometime

Oh Vanh, you should see my DRG! So far I've caught up on Dollhouse, Simpsons, Family Guy, American Dad, and Stargate: Universe from leveling it... and somehow I still manage to die at least once in every single exp party!