Thursday, December 12, 2013

The end of 2.0

It's usually a bad sign when I stop blogging... like a clear sign that a game has lost appeal to me. It happened to FFXI, and to SWTOR.

So, last time I checked in, I had just finished my Paladin relic quest and we had barely started coil, reaching turn 4. This was back when people were still working on finishing the main quest and trying to do their relic quests. Since then... well...

... a lot has happened!
I  finished WHM and got that relic!
I found work as a dancer! (or is that stripper... wait, are there dancers in FFXIV?)

There are also some... steamy scenes in the ACN questline :O
I finished SCH50 and got that relic in a day!
And then finished SMN relic the very next day! ~.~
We reached turn 5 of the coil... (turn 4 being on farming status now!)
And we spend some time poking Twintania... (time spent varies on how much free time we have... which tends to be a lot since we finish turns 1-4 in about 45 minutes even when trying to MPK each other!)
Somehow my clothes shrunk so I had to join the Lalafellmasterrace!
Though, the real reason is because these pants look silly on anything full sized!
But Lalafell are cuuuuuute! Plus my cute dust bunny likes his rock!
Now we farm HM Titan for myth... and frequently give away free runs to completely random strangers. Sometimes Titan is so scared that he doesn't even show up like this time when he tried using invisible to hide!
Some silly person forgot which game they were supposed to go to and appeared in FFXIV
They even brought their enemies... and use the same moves as in FFXIII. This amuses me mildly!
But like all good NPCs, they fade away like ghosts... o.o
And gah! What is it with western RPGs and how ugly they look! Ick! Can't even play this for a day!
Back to the cuteness of Lalascy!
Mini-sized coeurl!
xD

So... really nothing much has been happening in the world of FFXIV. It's the weekly grind for myth, the short period of time for coil and occassionally playing other jobs. I'm glad that CTR now has 3 successful coil groups, but annoyed that basically, we can't play with other people outside our static groups really due to how the coil lockout works.

Looking forward to 2.1 which is scheduled to be released next Tuesday, there is some mild excitement about the new content. The Crystal Tower has the most potential for changing how we play together, and I'm hoping that this means that everyone in CTR can have more fun together, mixing who goes with who for things instead of the stupid static groups that coil essentially requires. I'm also hoping this gives people to play more with secondary jobs. Since CT is tuned for ilevel 55 gear, and only rewards ilevel 80 gear, I really don't see the point of bringing people's main jobs with ilevel 90 gear. I'm planning on bringing mainly Scholar to CT and gearing that up with CT gear since, as far as I can tell, the gear is role oriented. This way, at least my SCH & WHM can gear up at the same time.

Speaking of main jobs... even though I've been mainly gearing up and using Bard, I still don't feel the kind of attachment that I used to have with my Dancer in FFXI... It's like a secondary job that I play, play well, have fun playing it, but don't have the kind of attachment or dedication to go crazy on it. I'm hoping that SE will eventually introduce something like Dancer, but... even if that were to happy, it'll probably be years away in some far away expansion.

In the meantime... I've also been toying around with other jobs. I've got all my adventurer classes up to at least level 30, and with how easy it is to level in FFXIV... I'll probably have everything at 50 in short order!

Doing all the THM quests as a Lalafell definitely fits!
Old pervert and the... erm... 3 Lalas?

Problem with long hair is the clipping... maybe I'll change to short after the 2.1 patch!
That's it for this update... next will come after 2.1!




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Where did you get the dancer clothes?